Hat eljott a nap ... Lutza atesett az elso hajvagasan. Szomoru es boldog nap volt, szomoru nekem es boldog Lutzanak. Mar tobb mint ot eve anyuka vagyok, de meg minding neha nehez elhinni hogy ezek az apro lelkek mennyi mindent tudnak nekem tanitati az eletrol.
Lutza has never had a haircut before and her bouncy beautiful locks have been part of her image. That is the only way I knew her, with her messy locks, long ponytail, or her pretty breads. About a year ago she was old enough to understand that one day we will cut it and that she can actually help others by giving her hair to them. It was a conscious and firm decision she made about donating her hair. We agreed to grow it a little while longer but requests regularly came whether 'it was time yet'. Now don't misunderstand me, I wanted to give her hair away, I wanted her to learn the importance of giving up something that is precious to us to help others. BUT, I did not want my little Lutza to change. Instead of honoring her regular requests, I tried to convince her that she should wait just a little bit longer.
Lutza-nak meg soha nem vagtuk le a hajat es a rugos furtjei teljes mertekbe reszei voltak a szemelyisegenek. En csak igy ismertem, a kocos furtjeivel, a hosszu csikofarkaval, vagy a csini fonataival. Korulbelul egy evvel ezelott Lutza elerte a kort hogy mergertse, hogy ha majd egyszer levagjuk a hajat es odaadomanyozzuk beteg gyerekeknek, akkor o jobba es szebbe tudja tenni masok eletet vele. Azon a napon tudatos es komoly elhatarozast hozott. Megegyztunk, hogy meg novesztjuk egy kicsit tovabb de renszeresen feltette a kerdest 'hogy eljott-e mar a nap?'. Kerlek ne erts felre, en is oda akartam adomanyozni a hajat mert azt akartam hogy megtanulja hogy milyen fontos az hogy nehe feladjuk a dolgokat amik nagyon kedvesek hozzank hogy segithessunk masokon. DE, en nem akartam hogy az en kicsi Lutzam megvaltozzon. Igy ahelyett hogy tiszteletben kellett volna hogy tartsam a kereset, probaltam meggyozni hogy meg novesszuk egy kicsit.
Last Thursday I realized that the day came. As I lined up all the boys of the house for haircuts, Lutza stood in line as usual. Before, I would just hold on the clippers to her head and pretend to cut her hair but this time she meant it. "I am ready to cut my hair and give it away". I looked at my dear husband, he nodded his head - and as like a knife was turned in my heart - I told her to take a seat. She was ecstatic and over-the-clouds-happy. We measured and decided 'go big or go home', we will go for as much as we can... 13 inches of her beautiful hair went to Locks of Love to help other children and the best part is that she truly understood the meaning of her act. Needless to say, my heart is overjoyed with love and gratitude for my selfless child and her generosity.
Mult csutortokon azonban rajottem, hogy eljott a nap. Ahogy szepen sorba allitottam a haz fiait, Lutza is sorba allt mint mindig. Azelott csak jatszasibol a fejehez tartottam a hajvagot, mintha neki is vagnam a hajat, de most tenyleg komolyan gondolta "Keszen allok hogy levagjuk a hajamat". Raneztem kedves ferjemre, Daddy bolintott - es mintha egy kest csavartak voltna a szivembe - megkertem hogy csucsuljon le. Alig fert a borebe, szinte a felhok felett ropkodott a boldogsagtol. Megmertuk a hajat es ugy dontottunk hogy levagunk annyit amennyit csak tudunk. 32 centimeter a gyonyoru arany furtjeibol el lett kuldve Locks of Love-hoz (egy alapitvany aki parokakat keszit gyerekeknek akik rakos es egyeb betegseg miatt elvesztettek a hajukat). Azt hiszem hogy mondanom sem kell, hogy a szivem csurdultig van szeretettel es halaval a nagylanyomert es az onzetlen, szivbol jovo adomanyaert.
Lutza is just a sassy and just as Lutza as she was, she did not change a bit. If anything, she is more like a mature young lady. She is proud and excited to show others her new cut and well .... absolutely enjoys the shorter morning routines. As for me, I cried (if you know me a bit you know I can cry if people just look at me cross eyed). I cried a few times from the joy and pleasure to welcome the short haired Lutza and I am deeply thankful that she teaches me and reminds me to step forward and embrace change. Imagine what a mess I am going to be when she goes off to college...
Lutza ugyan olyan 'pimasz' es belevalo amilyen azelott volt, nem valtozott semmit. Vagyis talan meg jobban belenott a fiatal lany szerepebe. Buszke es boldog, alig varja hogy megmutathassa az uj frizurajat a baratainak .... es az igazat megvallva nagyon elvezi hogy kevesebb idobe kerul reggelente elkeszulni. Ami engem illet, en sirtam (ha egy kicsit ismersz akkor tudod hogy en mar attol tudok sirni ha valaki kancsalul nez ram). Sirtam nehanyszor az oromtol es a boldogsagtol hogy koszonthetem az uj, rovid haju Lutzat az eletembe. Teljes szivembol halas vagyok, hogy cselekedete emlekztet arra hogy lepjet elore es fogadjam el a valtozasokat az eletbe. Ha most igy bogtem akkor kepzelhetet milyen bajba leszek ha kikoltozik hogy egyetemre menjen ....

Words can hardly express the joy and the sadness of this moment. A lesson of a lifetime was learned at the early age of 5. I'm not surprised by her generosity, you only have to look as far as her mother to see where she learned it. Much love and hugs.
ReplyDelete