I think when God was giving out girlieness, our sweet Lutza must have stood in line over and over ... and totally skipped the how-to-keep-your-dresser-organized line. A few days before her birthday I asked her 'so what makes a girl a girl?'.
'Well, its easy to be a girl, you just need high fashion, lots of jewelry (she has a unique way of saying this word) and some collection, which is make-up in her view - limited to chap-stick and the pale pink eye shadow that she lost the first day after she got it). So I am not sure how I am doing at the high fashion department as a mother but I have a belief that little girls should be little girls as long as we can keep them little. I know better now not to butt in when it comes to getting dressed in the morning. She is usually happier with her own choices (that are really my choices lined up in her closet - but shhhh hopefully she will not find that out for a few more years ;o) . So while I have the illusion of slight control over what she wears, there is no remedy for how she walks in high heels or turns around and poses for a picture. I am not kidding ... I wish I could walk that gracefully in heels as my darling Lutza at age 5 ... that will never happen ... even if I practiced every day.
Being five can be both the most wonderful and most dramatic thing in life. While some days Lutza is cheerful and happy about everything, on other days the world can end in a matter of minutes. It's like being 5 going on 15. But there is nothing hugs and kisses and cuddling won't fix - as long as they are not the lesser amount compared to the brothers (it is amazing she can even pay attention to the number of kisses and hugs - when I can't remember what I had for breakfast).
She absolutely does not like spinach, picking up her clothes, wearing socks, sharing her dessert, not having her ponytail tight enough, or somebody taking her red chair at TV time.
For her birthday we threw a Tangled tea party - Tangled was the theme for her and the tea was the theme for me. Note to self: don't ask more than once your 'high-fashion' girl what kind of cake she would like to have ... it will change every day.
So this is Lutza at age 5:
- Favorite color: changes with the fashion
- Favorite food: Anything with sugar and salami (that's the Hungarian in her; mean the salami part)
- Favorite TV show: Miss Spider's Sunnypatch Friends
- Favorite activity: Coloring and drawing (we are getting hints through her drawings that we should go to Disney Land)
- Favorite Character: Rapunzel (could you guess from the pictures?)
- Most often used big girl words: 'apparently' and 'alsoly' (she came up with this one)
She absolutely does not like spinach, picking up her clothes, wearing socks, sharing her dessert, not having her ponytail tight enough, or somebody taking her red chair at TV time.
For her birthday we threw a Tangled tea party - Tangled was the theme for her and the tea was the theme for me. Note to self: don't ask more than once your 'high-fashion' girl what kind of cake she would like to have ... it will change every day.
I fell in love with this little girl the first time I got to hold her ... she is so much more than I every thought God can wrap into a person. So much love for you Darling Lutza!

She is definitly the most "all girl" I've ever seen ! It's amazing to watch her grow and change. I wonder what she'll be like when she IS 15 ?
ReplyDeleteOh yea. . . Orsi - that cake is FANTASTIC !
ReplyDelete