When we found out we were having three children I knew that life will be filled with fun .... somehow my higher power knew that I can't just have two babies. I knew that the three of them will share lots of special moments together that must happen in a 'gang' and not in a pair. Lutza and Vidor were always the best buddies, joined at the hip, friends in crime or fun. But when Guzer arrived, I realized that he might be left out of the team. So I have been working hard on making all three of them a team, to share games, learn to comfort and take care of each other.
Parental efforts are good .... but nothing is better than a little natural bonding. I have been taking time and effort to separate the children and take them out by two's so they have a chance to focus on only one brother or sis.
Yesterday I took Lutza and Guzer to the doctor's office for shots. Not a good experience - while motherhood fills my life with joy, I have some pretty hard tasks to do that break my heart over and over. Lutza knew what was going to happen and she was determined to not to get those 'pokes' - it took two nurses and me to hold her down. Guzer surrendered a bit easier, but it was still traumatic for both of them. As I held the two, trying to comfort them they looked at each other with tears in their eyes and just hugged. They were 'poke-buddies' now. All the way home they were holding hands in the car and when one said 'auuie' they both started to cry and rubbed their legs.
They were inseparable for the rest of the day!!!!

"poke-buddies" - how sweet :)
ReplyDelete