My little Lutza turned to me while looking out the window watching the snow fall "Mommy, thank you so much for making the decision that we will have snow". I thought it was so sweet ... that in her eyes I can make huge things like snowfall happen. So I told her "oh, no, Mommy did not do that, you should thank God for sending us snow". "Ohhh" she said, "I can do that".
She folded her little hands, put her elbows on the window sill and said a 'grateful-prayer' that just blew my mind away. It went something like this:
"Dear God! Thank you so much for the snow, thank you that it is really coming down now and sticks too. Thank you for the trees and the grass and the backyard! Thank you for our warm house and our clothes. Thank you for my friends and for my stinky brothers (she quoted this from one of her favorite books). Oh, and thank you so much for our soldiers, our good soldiers who fight the bad soldiers to protect us. And thank you for bubble gum!"
Needless to say, I could not listen to her without tears in my eyes.
"Dear God! Thank you for my little Angel who is sleeping away in her bed now so she can play in the snow in the afternoon."

Oh my Orsi, I'm getting teary reading this. She is such a precious gift. And "Thank You God" . . . for the snow, it's so beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteHow sweet!
ReplyDelete