I feel like I have those moments a lot lately when I call three names .... three times and there is no answer ... and our house is not that big. Well, today was one of those days when this happened again. I am doing the dishes and all of sudden it is soooooo quiet. So I call the names ... no response ... call again .... no response. Well, imagine about 600 q-tips scattered around the floor upstairs, and an entire Kleenex box empty. This is why I always have to remind myself to close the bathroom door!!! And then remind myself how grateful I am to have those three rascals to make a mess for me.
We had such a great weekend ... of course the weather helps, sunny days make us all happy. Having Mother's day spent in such big peace and happiness reminded me to many things. I have been so overwhelmed with school, as I am at the tail end of my program, that often times I feel like my days are taken over by transcribing interviews and reading super DRY policy materials.
So, on Mother's day we just hang out and did noting, and we did a lot of that. I had to come back to full Mommy-mode and forget about all my assignment and notice every little sweet thing the children did: sand is fun, unless it is dumped out of your shoes in the living room, bees are cute and you really want to touch them, so why does not you momma let you, eating dinner outside on the back patio for the first time is pretty exciting, and that wonderful Little Mermaid song the bebes love to sing when I rinse their hair in the tub is priceless.
I love being a mommy and there was no better way to celebrate it than being pampered and loved by my children - even the split lip is okay but only when you get it horsing around.

No comments:
Post a Comment